Finally we have reached a point where there is not much left to do and we can just enjoy ourselves! Well, mostly. The presents are wrapped – thanks to a couple of late night wrapping sessions, the shopping is done, the meals are planned. Phew. So today the boys and I played Monopoly and caught up with friends for a movie and pizza.
By the way, the boys were right about Frozen. It is a girls’ movie. Very cute though. If you have a girl you should consider seeing it. Finally a Disney happy ending that isn’t contingent on finding the perfect man!
The boys are getting very excited for Christmas morning! Which reminded me of our traditional Christmas breakfast. We have funnel cakes. Mmmm. This is a tradition we started when the boys were young and not interested in anything for breakfast Christmas morning, let alone a breakfast casserole. Funnel cakes are exciting though. We only make them once a year.
If you want to make them, here is the recipe:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- confectioner’s sugar (for topping)
- Combine milk, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Combine.
- Mix with a mixer until smooth.
- Fold in melted butter.
- heat oil in a frying pan on the stove.
- Drizzle batter into oil using a funnel or squeeze bottle.
- Fry until golden and slightly puffed. Flip if needed.
- Remove funnel cake from oil and place on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
After a late night last night, I was thankful Sammy delivered breakfast this morning.
So, I am wondering, will you miss your Elf when he returns to the North Pole?