I have found a cookie recipe that lured me back into baking. After all of those cookies last Christmas, I was done for a while. But I am pretty sure you are going to love Hot Chocolate Cookies!
I know its not winter anymore, but trust me these are worth baking anyway. I am considering adding graham cracker crumbs to the bottom and calling them S’mores Cookies to make them more summery. 😉 Here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons store bought hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter, oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking soda and salt. Once combined, add the chocolate chips. Add the wet ingredients until combined.
- Bake cookies for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, remove the cookies from the oven and quickly add 5 mini marshmallows to the top of each cookie. Return cookies to the oven and continue baking for 3 more minutes (marshmallows should puff up, but not burn).
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Adapted from Baked Bree.
Today I had to make a trip to the Apple Store. Have you gone there? The boys love it because they test out new games on all of the devices. I love it because they can fix pretty much anything at the genius bar. And if they can’t, they will replace your device for a fraction of the cost. Also, I just like to say I was hanging out at the “genius bar”.
This Apple store is in Atlantic City, so I walked around the boardwalk a bit.
On my travels I picked up cards for this weekend. I didn’t realize I needed 11 cards! I’m sure you can imagine how long it took to choose 11 cards!
I found these again while I was out. Have you had them? They are so good! And healthy… right?
Tonight we had a super fun soccer practice in the rain. Well, I had fun anyway! I’m pretty sure the boys did too. There is something very liberating about being allowed to play in the rain! Then Aidan had a baseball playoff game. It was a nail biter! Extra innings! Unfortunately it ended with Aidan’s team taking third place in their division. But they had a great season. Aidan is already sad that it is over.
So, I am wondering, did you enjoy playing sports in the rain when you were a kid?