The Christmas cookie for today is Chocolate Peppermint Rounds. These are two of my favorite flavors of the season. I look for them everywhere – in my coffee, in ice cream, in candy. I decided these had to be on my cookie list!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa podwer
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 bag of mixed chocolate and mint chips
- crushed candy canes or Andes peppermint crunch chips.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips to dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat butter, canola oil, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and peppermint extract to the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- drop cookies onto cookie sheet using a cookie scoop.
- Add crushed candy canes or Andes peppermint crunch chips (I used these) to the top of cookies before baking.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
This is a cookie I probably will not make the rest of the year, so I am glad I got it in for Christmas! There are some good cookies coming in the next 3 days. Stay tuned…
So, I am wondering, what is your favorite holiday entrée?