The theme for today’s cookies was chocolate. I started with double chocolate gingerbread – so good! I have posted the recipe before. The bad thing about making gingerbread in a loaf pan though is that we don’t get to taste it! Torture!
I am trying to keep up with my molded chocolate cookies too. I only make a few at a time so they take longer. Today we made chocolate covered oreos with crushed candy cane.
The new recipe for today is Candy Shoppe Chocolate Cookies.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- rolos, peanut butter cups and Hershey’s kisses
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whip butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar and brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into balls. Press a rolo, peanut butter cup or Hershey kiss in each ball and shape dough around the candy.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Garnish with powdered sugar once cool.
Hope you enjoy!