Today’s cookie is a good one! Very easy to make too. I hope you try them.
Eggnog Glazed Nutmeg Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar – mix with mixer until combined, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of flour and combine with mixer.
- Add second cup of flour and mix with fork until combined.
- Form dough into 24 1 tablespoon sized balls on cookie sheet. Flatten.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and eggnog for glaze.
- When the cookies are completely cool, ice with glaze.
Before the boys went to bed tonight we read Snowmen at Christmas together. We used to read together every night. It was a special time that I really miss. Now that the boys read on their own we don’t read together that often anymore. It was really nice to share that time tonight. This is a cute book too. Have you read it with your kids? The boys and I recommend it.
So, I am wondering, what is your favorite Christmas movie?