Another snow day! Yay! It’s still fun and festive here. Snow days are great for baking. Today the boys and I made a family favorite – chocolate chip cookies.
The boys have been helping me make these cookies since they were tiny. We have a “secret” in our recipe. We add cinnamon and nutmeg. You might see a theme here. We love cinnamon and nutmeg in many unusual recipes!
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- mix butter and sugar until fluffy
- add remaining wet ingredients and mix well
- combine dry ingredients in another bowl. be careful not to overmix.
- add chocolate chips to dry ingredients.
- combine wet and dry ingredients.
- bake for 8 – 10 minutes
I use a tablespoon ice cream scoop to make all of the cookies equal in size. It actually makes the process much faster too.
They turned out just how we like them!
Sandy showed me a really cool picture app today. It makes your pictures look like crazy prints! I like it better without faces, I think.
So, I am wondering, what would you do with a surprise day off?